Share This Article
Ever wanted to know random titbits about dogs? Well, here are fifteen random dog related facts.
- Labrador Retriever is said to be one of the most popular dog breeds.
- An adult dog has 42 teeth.
- Dogs sweat through sweat glands that are in between their paws.
- Studies have shown that owning a dog is good for your health. For example, petting a dog releases relaxation hormones in your body and it lowers your stress hormone. Having a dog can also lower your blood pressure.
- Dogs have three eye-lids.
- A dogs normal body temperature is about 38-39C.
- Border Collies are said to be the smartest dogs.
- The Norwegian Lundehund dog breed has six toes per foot.
- Chocolate is poisonous for dogs and it can even kill a dog. See my list of other harmful foods for dogs here.
- The Chow Chow dog has a blue-black tongue as an adult.
- Greyhounds are the fastest dogs. Their speed can reach to 80 km/h (45 mph).
- Dogs hearing is four times better than humans.
- Every dogs’ nose print is different, just like humans finger prints are.
- Puppies are born without eyesight and their ear canals are closed which makes them deaf as well. These senses develop in a few weeks time.
- Dalmatians are born white. As they grow their spots start to appear.
Do you have random dog knowledge you would like to share? Tell us in the comments.
This post is a repost. The article was originally posted in my old blog on 2015-11-15