Share This Article
It’s no secret that I’m a dog person through and through. I just love their company and the lifestyle that dog ownership brings. If you are a fellow dog owner, I’m certain you already know how wonderful family members dogs make. However, in case you are new to the dog world, here are seven great reasons as to why dogs are amazing.
1. Dogs are always happy. On those days when you feel a bit down, your dog will be there to lift your spirits up. I also love how dogs can find joy in the smallest things in life such as playing in a puddle after a rainy day or simply just rolling in the grass enjoying the day like it was the best thing ever. Or is that just my own goofy Golden Retriever I’m thinking about?
2. Dogs love their people unconditionally and they fill our hearts with love as well. Besides all the love, did you know that dogs can also improve one’s heart health? Studies have shown that petting a dog can lower blood pressure, help with stress and even lower cholesterol levels. Learn more: Source 1, Source 2
3. Having a dog means daily companionship. One will never feel alone as there is always someone that will love to go on hikes with you, hang around while you are gardening, keep you company while you watch a movie in the evening etc.
4. Dogs keep their people active and exercise is, of course, always positive for one’s health. A dog owner will always have an activity on the agenda whether it is a walk in the park, a hike in the woods or maybe the afternoon is booked for an agility class or other dog activities. There’s simply always something fun one can do with a dog. Did you know that walking just 30 minutes a day can have health benefits? Source.
5. Talking to dogs is therapeutic or at the very least the presence of a pet can make a person feel like they weren’t just talking out loud to themselves. Or is that just me?
6. As a dog owner you will most likely find yourself laughing a lot as you look after your dog and all the silly things he/she gets into. Whether your puppy is being adorable while playing or sleeping, you will be sure to enjoy the time you spend with your dog.
7. Dogs can bring new people into your life. Think how dog parks, dog beaches and even puppy classes can be potential places to meet new friends. And these are people that will share at least one similar interest with you… animals. Also whenever you decide to meet up with your new friend, your dog get’s a playdate as well. Win-win.
This article lists some good reasons as to why dogs and dog ownership is a wonderful way to spend this precious life we have been given. For example, as a dog owner one can receive love and companionship, find activities to do and discover new people to meet and possibly hang out with.
Are you a dog owner? What would you add to this list?
Related article: Are you ready to become a dog owner?